Notice: Participants of this Program are advised to Bring with their own mountain bikes. Only Equatorial Safaris Limited will handle necessary clearances to acquisition of temporary permits.
13 Day Tour
* Day 1: Arrival from Kilimanjaro Intil Airport and transfer to hotel, hostel or B&B.
* Day 2: Morning breakfast then leave by 0830 for 1 ½ hour drive to Longido by a jeep. While in Longido you will visit a local Maasai boma and hike through the Longido Mountain Forest Reserve. Bike set-up, camp F/B.
* Day 3: Bike Tour: The ride starts at Longido Camp and heads west. 6 HRs ride about 75 km.
* Day 4: Bike Tour : Proceed toward the village of Gelai Bomba, 5 HRS ride, about 70 km. Camp F/B
* Day 5: Bike Tour: Ride from Gelai Bomba to the north of Oldonyo Lengai. 4-5Hrs ride, about 60 km.
* Day 6: Bike Tour: Back to the end of the road towards south of Engaruka Camp, 5-6 HRs abour 70km, camp F/B.
* Day 7: Bike tour: Engaruka Camp to Mto wa Mbu, 6-7Hrs ride about 95 km. Camp F/B.
* Day 8: Bike tour: Mto wa Mbu to Lodoare Gate. 5-6 HRS ride and then transfer to Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge for dinner and overnight.
* Day 9: Breakfast with lunch boxes, a full day game drive at Ngorongoro Crater and back to lodge for dinner and overnight.
* Day 10: By Car: Breakfast with lunch boxes drive to historical site of Olduvai gorge, afternoon drive back to Lodoare Gate, dinner and overnight.
* Day 11: Bike Tour: Lodoare Gate to Semal towards Mbulu Camp, 9 Hrs ride about 80 km.
* Day 12: Bike Tour : From Mbulu camp to Mbugwe Camp through Magala-7-8HRs ride about 95 km.
* Day 13: Bike Tour: Mbugwe Camp to Kwakuchinia, Makuyuni
From Makuyuni transfer by a jeep to Arusha.
-End of Tour.
Key: F/B = Full board H/B = Half Board
At Oldonyo Lengai mountain you will see the currently active volcano and lake Natron famous for its flamingos habitat. * During the Mountain Bike tour at Seremal, Mbulu, Magala, Mbugwe and Kwakuchinia you will be accrosing the top of the great rift valley, the escarpment view of lake Manyara,, the villages and the natives” farms.
Package Cost: $3800 – The package price includes hotels, lodges, camping tents, breakfast, dinner (unless otherwise noted), maps and trail review, and luggage transfers between the hotels.
What to Bring with You: You should come with personal mountain bike, comfortable riding clothes: bicycling-specific shorts, helmet and gloves for early and late season touring, and rain gear are all especially recommended. You will also need spare tubes, tools, tire pump, water bottle, and first aid kit.