I would like to thank you for visiting our website and considering our company for your upcoming trip to Tanzania. We know that a trip to Africa is often a trip of lifetime. You want to hire a company that you can trust with every detail. We at Equatorial Safaris strive to make sure that our clients are 100% satisfied with their trip. Much of our business is by word of mouth and we know that a client who enjoyed their stay will go on to recommend us to their friends and family. This is the highest compliment we can receive.
Why Choose Equatorial Safaris?
- Equatorial Safaris is one of the oldest and most established safari companies in Tanzania. It was started in 1987 when the government began to allow privately owned tourist companies to form. We are a founding member of the Tanzania Association of Tour Operators. Our Membership Certificate is No: 0013! The many years of experience and operation means that we have faced and solved most problems that could come up when touring our country. We can anticipate problems and make sure they are solved quickly.
- I have been the owner and operator of Equatorial Safaris for the last 34 years. We are a company that not only employs Tanzanians, we are proudly Tanzanian owned. I am a lifelong resident of the Moshi/Arusha area.
- While we work with travel professionals in Europe, Asia and the US, our company is completely based out of Arusha. Using a company whose offices are physically located in Tanzania means that you cut out the middle men. You will save significantly in the cost of the safari, plus will also be able to arrange any specific details of the trip instead of getting a one-size-fits-all package tour.
Tanzania is a fantastic country to visit. We have so many famous natural wonders including
- The Serengeti
- Ngorongoro Crater
- Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain
- Africa’s largest lake, Lake Victoria
- Africa’s deepest lake, Lake Tanganyika
- Gombe National Park where Jane Goodall did her groundbreaking research on chimpanzees
- Oldovai Gorge where the Leakey’s discovered that Africa was indeed the cradle of mankind
When you come to explore the many sites, we would be humbled and grateful if you chose our company to assist you with your adventure. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to contact us!
Karibu Tanzania! Welcome to Tanzania!
Roman Chuwa and Family